Jenson Button will make his Formula One comeback this weekend as he takes centre stage at the Monaco Grand Prix.
The 2009 world champion will make a ‘one-off’ appearance for McLaren in Monte Carlo, with Fernando Alonso in America competing at the Indianapolis 500.
How Button has spent his six months off
1. He waved an emotional goodbye to Formula 1
2. Enjoyed a retirement party
3. Caught up with an old acquaintance
5. Chilled with his dog
6. Got some incredible new wheels
7. Spent some time with friends
8. Switched from four wheels to two
9. Then ditched transport completely
10. Competed in the ‘Race of Champions’
11. Took on an Ironman triathlon
12. But was disqualified for speeding
Well that was a pretty interesting 70.3 Ironman! Swim went well then I jumped on my awesome new bike to find that I hadn't charged the battery for the gears so I was stuck in the toughest gear with 900meters of climbing???? ran a 1hr23min off the bike which I was pretty happy with, finished 3rd in age group so qualified for the World champs only to be disqualified for speeding in a go slow zone ????????♂️ Ah well onto the next one! Big thanks to @ceramicspeed @rudyproject @huubdesign @asics @sciconbags @ftechcycling @envecomposites #tririg and especially @iamspecialized_tri for my new shiv and this awesome video. @ironmantri #oceanside703 @team_ichiban